Κυριακή 27 Ιανουαρίου 2008

A promise is always a promise





This is the " Merry Maiden's Dress" by Gryphon Perkins ( INTERWEAVE KNITS, spring 2007). The whole project took me about two weeks to finish. But I couldn't manage it without the help of dear Gryphon. The trough is I found a mistake in the publication and I contact with Gryphon. She corresponded immediately with kindness and professionalism. And...ta ta! One of the most complete knitting experiences I have ever had. A source of pride and satisfaction for me and the perfect dress for Georgia. It moves with her and she feels comfort and elegant! I promised Gryphon to send some photos, so here they are!

I used substitute yarns . I always do that. Not the slightest possibility to find the recommended yarns in Greece. I usually work with Spanish, Italian or German yarns. But this is a different story, maybe for a next post.
So,the yarns are:
Merinos Extra by MONDIAL ( Italy), a blend of 50% new wool and 50% acrylic ( body, skirt and sleeves).
Cats Super Mohair by STAHL SCHE WOOL ( Germany), an other blend of 70% mohair and 30% new woo ( the borders).
For my great relief they matched exactly to the gauge.
Now I' m ready to repeat the project, in a spring version this time! I can not resist the temptation. If you, out there, could only see the joy at my daughters eyes... you could surely go immediately and find a little girl ( a daughter, a nice ,a grand daughter, a godchild, anybody) and ask: Do you want a nice dress for the Easter? ( or the Hanuka, or the Ramazan or, or...)
I promise I' ll make you the best!

2 σχόλια:

Gryphon είπε...

Wow, that looks great! Thank you so much for posting it, with such lovely pictures. Your maiden is a beauty. One of these days I'll have to make one for my little maiden too.

πουαντερι είπε...

γεια εχω ενα blog με το ονομα ΠΟΥΑΝΤΕΡΙ και ειμαι φανατικη με το πλεξιμο.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails